Bluebird Early Learning Centre has been under new Management since May 2017. Alina, the owner, has been in Child Care for the past 16 years and is passionate about providing a fun, loving and educational environment for Children. The Centre is located beautifully across from a park, but is still conveniently close to the main roads, Read Street and Ennis Avenue. The Centre has had extensive renovations throughout, creating a fresh, clean and stimulating area for Children to enjoy. Licensed for only 40 Children, Bluebird is like a home away from home, where every child can feel comfortable, valued and relaxed.
We believe that children are our future, each special and unique. Our centre encourages positive relationships so that Children can feel valued and loved, and learn the basic skills of life through meaningful experiences.
We believe in creating a stimulating learning environment through play, as this supports children to explore experiment, enjoy and discover their physical, social, emotional and intellectual world around them. Our programme is designed to cater to children’s individual interests, needs and varying levels of development, whilst having the flexibility to be spontaneous and non-restricting.
The Centre opens at 6:30am and closes at 6:00pm, Monday to Friday all year round.
We close all weekends and public holidays.
This centre keeps a waiting list. Every effort will be made to accommodate everyone who requires care. We welcome any children with special needs and will take measures to provide the appropriate care required.
GROUPING OF CHILDREN
The children within Bluebird Early Learning Centre are grouped according to their age. Three age groups exist:
- 0-2 years,
- 2-3 years,
- 3-6 years.
Siblings are encouraged to visit each other during the day, especially during settling.
SETTLING CHILDREN INTO CHILD CARE
We also believe that the care taken when settling your child in will assist you in leaving your child for the first time. You will have an opportunity to talk with the staff, watch them working with the children and ask questions when you are not so rushed. We understand and appreciate that children respond in different ways when separating from their parents. We will always attempt to respond to those varying needs.
The following may be helpful:
- Pre-enrolment visit(s) are encouraged.
- Parents are encouraged to spend some time with their child for the first few occasions (according to needs) and to allow staff to gradually take over.
- Feel free to telephone during the day to check on your child’s progress.
- It is recommended that the first day for the child should not be too long a period – gradually increase the time to give the child reassurance that the parent is coming back for him/her.
- Staff will report to parents regarding the child’s day and are happy to discuss any concerns.
- When your child becomes ready to move up into the next age group our friendly staff will discuss this transition with your input.