These goals for the Children at the Bluebird Early Learning Centre were developed by Educators, Families and Management in order to meet the needs of a developmentally appropriate program plan for the Centre.
- For Children to be with a safe and challenging environment that promotes physical, social and intellectual development.
- For Children to experience a variety of developmentally appropriate experiences.
- For Children to develop at their own pace in a non-judgemental way.
- For Children to be given the opportunity to explore, manipulate and problem solve.
- For Children to be provided with an environment that clearly defined age / stage appropriate guidelines.
- For Children to be encouraged to settle differences in a socially acceptable manner.
- For Children to be listened to and given positive responses, which encourage and allow freedom of expression.
- For Children to feel safe and secure in their environment.
- For Children to be provided with and environment that promotes self-esteem and where they can experience success.
- For Children to develop positive relationships with parents, Educators and peers.
- For Children to be given the opportunity to socially interact with other children.
- For Children to respect and accept different races, religions, cultures and family lifestyles.
- For Children to accept each other as equals and individuals.
- For Children to be able to express themselves creatively.
- For Children to give and accept love.
- For Children with special needs to be given the opportunity to reach their full potential in an integrated setting.
- For Children to have the right to space and privacy.
- For Children to be provided with a healthy environment that promotes awareness of hygiene and nutrition.
- For Children to feel that they are a valued member of their family and community.
- For Child Care to be an extension of the Children’s home where parents can feel secure about leaving their Children.
- To develop each Child to his/her full potential through a positive environment and appropriate activities in all areas of development (social, emotional, physical and intellectual).
- To develop a positive self-concept in each child.
- To provide each child with the same educational opportunities regardless of sex, religion or multicultural back ground.
- To cater for each Child’s individual needs.